REQUIREMENT: The satisfactory completion of 90 units (equivalent to approximately two academic years) of education at a baccalaureate level with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25. This course work must be completed at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education or, in the case of foreign candidates, recognized by the appropriate agency in that country.
The Master’s Program Admissions requirements are as follows:
STEP1. A completed and signed application form along with the non-refundable application fee. (U.S. citizens/residents: $100; international students: $150) Additional $50 will be charged for the overseas mailing.
STEP4. One recent 2″x2″ color digital image of yourself suitable for an identification badge.
STEP2. A personal essay describing yourself and your interest in Oriental Medicine.
STEP3. Two recommendation letters.
- Once Admission Office receives your application package, a decision will be made within 10-12 working days and inform the applicants.
- An admission notice will be mailed to those who meet the requirements.
International Admissions Requirements:
STEP7. A financial statement showing at least $22,000 in assets to verify the availability to pay educational and living expenses for one year.
STEP9. Applicants currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa must submit copies of I-20 form, visa, and the first page of the passport. A completed transfer release form must be sent to AMU by the school from which the applicant is transferring.
- If the transcripts are from a country where English is not the primary language, they must be translated into English and must be sent to a reputable foreign credentials evaluation agency to evaluate equivalent levels of educational achievement in the U.S.
- Additional fees may apply for postage and handling overseas/expedited mailing.
- I-20 is only issued currently to MSTAM program only.
English Language Competency:
The didactic part of the MSTAM program is currently offered in two languages: English and Mandarin Chinese. Clinical training is taught in English only.
TOFEL / IELTS REQUIREMENT
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT) – acceptable score: total score 61
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), academic format – acceptable score: overall band score 6.0
- Students who hold an associate degree or higher earned from the United States or from a foreign university where English is the language of instruction
may be exempt from TOEFL.
To begin the application process, you must complete the Application Form.
Mail all the required documents along with a check or money order (Payable to Alhambra Medical University) to:
Alhambra Medical University
2215 W. Mission Rd. Suite 280
Alhambra, CA 91803 U.S.A
Frequently Asked Questions
> How long does it take to finish the acupuncture program?
> What is your school calendar system?
> How much is the tuition per unit?
For All Students: $160 per unit (Total 216 units)
> What about clinic internship fee?
For Local Students: $12 per hour ( Total 960 hours)
Plus $50 malpractice insurance per quarter for clinic internship.
> What is the total cost of the acupuncture program?
Total is about $47,610. Books, material and living expense are not included.
> What are the requirements to apply for the program?
Please visit admission page; or contact our Admission Office 626-289-7719 EXT 115.
> Can International Students apply the program?
Yes, Alhambra Medical University is authorized by the US Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20’s and enroll international students. For more specific requirements, please visit admissions page.
> Is Alhambra Medical University an accredited school?
> Do you offer classes in the night time or weekend?
Our schedule of classes is flexible catering to both full time and part time students. All classes are held once a week, including night classes and weekend classes.
> Besides English language, what else language courses do you have?
> Will I be able to attend the acupuncture license exam when I graduated?
Please call us at (626) 289-7719
Our Office hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST, (except Wednesday)
or send email to DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS – Qing Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about AMU on our social media sites.
AMU Campus Office
2215 W. Mission Rd., Suite 280
Alhambra, CA 9180380
Tel: (626) 438-8980
Fax: (626) 289-8641
Mon - Sun : 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Appointment with Director Ms. Ma
Tel: (626) 438-8980
AMU Acupuncture Clinic
28 S. Palm Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91801
Tel: (626) 458-8805
Fax: (626) 458-8873
7 Days a Week, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Night clinic available on selected days