MISSION, GOALS, OUTCOMES
The Mission of Alhambra Medical University
- To provide the highest quality education available in acupuncture and Oriental medicine in a progressive learning environment..
- To provide the community with a highly competent and readily available source for complementary and alternative healthcare.
- To foster and enhance mutual understanding and the ability to communicate with other healthcare professionals.
- To assist acupuncture and Oriental medicine professionals to achieve their appropriate place within mainstream healthcare.
The Goals of Alhambra Medical University are :
- To educate and train students of acupuncture and Oriental medicine to competently enter the mainstream healthcare system as primary healthcare providers.
- To teach the theory and practice of Oriental medicine while simultaneously developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To simultaneously provide quality care in acupuncture and Oriental medicine to the community and a rich clinical experience for our students.
- To develop an open academic environment and support the cultural diversity of our students.
- To provide students with both the historical context and modern application of Oriental medicine.
- To foster communication between practitioners of Oriental medicine and Western medicine.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Graduates of Master’s Program will be able to :
- Practice Oriental medicine competently by assessing patients skillfully, making accurate diagnosis, and performing appropriate treatment using the various modalities of Oriental medicine.
- Integrate traditional Oriental medicine and Western medicine in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Critically analyze research reports on Oriental medicine and Western medicine.
- Provide appropriate recommendations and referrals to patients for maintaining health and preventing disease.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethics and the legal environment for the practice of medicine.
- Demonstrate professionalism.