MISSION, GOALS, OUTCOMES
- To provide educational programs and community based healthcare services in a supportive community focused on student-centered learning and professionalism.
The Educational Purpose is
- To develop graduates who can provide effective acupuncture and traditional medicine services as health care professionals in the US healthcare system.
Professional Program Goals
- Student Community Cultivate a community that supports the health, diversity and growth of our students.
- Clinical Services
Provide clinical services are a model of effective healthcare and successful professional practice.
- Curriculum and Clinical Training
Provide an educational curriculum and clinical training that develops competence in patient care and professional practice;
- Provide educational experiences sufficient to enable graduates to collaborate with acupuncture and
other health care practitioners in providing effective patient care;
- Develop ability to assess and incorporate relevant developments in research and scholarship to
enhance their patient care competencies and support their professional practice;
- These program goals are further detailed in the following learning outcomes:
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Graduates of the Master of Science program are able to:
Intake and Examination
- Acquire health history and essential information focused on chief clinical complaints through
appropriate and relevant primary biomedical and traditional Asian medical examinations.
- Perform advanced biomedical and traditional medical examinations;
Assessment and Diagnosis
- Assess findings from intake and examination and organize signs and symptoms according to
foundational theories to form a working diagnosis of patterns and disorders
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills of biomedical assessment to effectively
collaborate with and refer to appropriate healthcare practitioners
Treatment Strategy and Performance
- Based on the working diagnosis of patterns and disorders form a treatment strategy and
perform appropriate treatment modalities toward intended treatment goals.
Case Management and Collaboration
- Communicate treatment plan with individual patients and other healthcare providers throughout the course of treatment to cooperatively achieve treatment goals.
- Demonstrate integrative knowledge and skills to effectively co-manage patient cases with
- Explain and discuss the applicability of AOM to bio medically-defined diseases with other health care professionals in their own relevant scientific theories and terms..
● Demonstrate knowledge and capacity to comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities of a
licensed healthcare professional.
- Demonstrate knowledge and capacity to operate in common healthcare settings sufficient to
achieve professional practice goals.